Direct Dial: 585.512.3542
Main Fax: 585.546.7218
ExpertiseMotorcycle Accidents Dog Bite Injuries Car Accidents Bicycle Accidents Construction Accidents Defective Product Injuries Pedestrian Accidents Pharmacy Errors Premises Liability Slip and Fall Injuries Wrongful Death Truck Accidents General Negligence Injuries to a Child
Peter is a trial lawyer, with more than 25 years of experience working with businesses, individuals, and municipalities to resolve disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts, and state and federal administrative agencies, across a broad spectrum of civil litigation matters. Information about all of his practice areas may be found at www.mccmlaw.com/attorneys/peter-weishaar.
Since joining the firm in 1996, his practice has always included representation of individuals seriously injured by the negligence or misconduct of others. In fact, the very first case he was assigned as a new associate was a premises liability case involving a little boy who was injured in a fall through a wide-open stairwell in an elementary school.
Over the years, Peter has successfully handled personal injury cases in a number of areas, including:
- Bicycle Accidents;
- Car Accidents;
- Construction Site Accidents;
- Defective Products;
- Motorcycle Accidents;
- Pedestrian Accidents;
- Premises Liability; and
- Wrongful Death Cases.
Peter also writes an engaging and informative law blog, the Rochester Law Review, covering legal developments, cases of interest, and significant events in all key areas of his practice. You can follow the blog on Facebook. Posts discussing personal injury-related topics may be found here.
- After being appointed pro bono to represent a prisoner in a pending civil rights case, Peter obtained a verdict in favor of his client against two corrections officers. The jury determined that the defendants violated the client's Eighth Amendment rights by failing to protect him from a violent assault by another inmate.
- Settled case on behalf of a pedestrian who suffered a fractured wrist after being struck by defendant’s pick-up truck. Utilizing plaintiff’s available SUM coverage resulted in a settlement that was three times the amount of defendant’s available insurance.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- The Daily Record's Attorneys of the Year Leader In Law Award, 2015
- New York State Bar (1996)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1999)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2001)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (2004)
- Albany Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Albany Law Review: Member, Editorial Board; Note & Comment Editor; Author, "School Choice Vouchers and the Establishment Clause." 58 Alb. L. Rev. 543 (1994)
- State University College at Geneseo (B.A., cum laude, 1992)
- American Bar Association: Law Practice Division, Litigation Section, Law Practice Management Section
- New York State Bar Association: Commercial & Federal Litigation Section, Labor & Employment Law Section, Local & State Government Law Section
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Monroe County Bar Association: Litigation Section, Judiciary Committee (2009-2015), Professional Performance Committee (2002-2003, 2005-2015), Nominating Committee (2002, 2003), Young Lawyers Section (Chair, 2000-2001), Academy of Law Board Member (1999-2000), Academy of Law Executive Board Member (1999-2000)
- Heart and Seoul Korean Culture Camp: Member, Planning Team (2014 - present)
- Camp Chin-gu: Planning Team/Volunteer Coordinator (2011-2013)
- Third Presbyterian Church: Personnel Committee (2013-2019), Elder (2013-2016), President, Board of Trustees (2008-2009), Member, Board of Trustees (2006-2009), Property Committee (2006-2009)
- Penfield Business Association: Vice President (2008), Board of Directors (2007-2008)
- SUNY Geneseo: Legal Studies Award Advisory Council, Rochester Advocate
A Rochester native, Peter resides in Penfield with his wife and two children. In his spare time, Peter enjoys Taekwondo, mountain biking and hiking with his family. Peter is a first degree black belt. Although he has only climbed 24 of the Adirondack High Peaks, his goal is to eventually climb all 46 peaks.